KITCHEN EXHAUST CLEANING CERTIFICATION
Overview of the program
More and more Fire Inspectors and Insurance Companies are requiring that Exhaust Cleaners have recognized training and acceptable qualifications. Our certification gives kitchen exhaust professionals an edge, in this highly competitive business. Our certification explores the industry standard of knowledge, and increases worker professionalism in the field. This certification next to your title shows a dedication to success, helps increase your potential for a better salary, and provides recognition throughout the kitchen exhaust industry.
More jurisdictions and facility managers than ever are requiring certification for job bids in their area. Now is the time to show your customers that you are one of the best in the industry and take advantage of one of the most powerful member benefits our program has to offer.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Program, you will:
- Understand the importance of cleaning the entire exhaust system to NFPA #96 Cleaning Standards.
- Understand the NFPA #96 Standards that relate to cleaning and access
- Recognize the various components of the exhaust system
- Be able to safely work around fixed pipe fire suppression systems
- Recognize major worker safety issues
- Install UL Listed access panels, hinge kits and rooftop grease containment systems
- Be able to report major deficiencies in the exhaust system Safely operate a pressure washer
- Use various relevant tools
- Be prepared for the Certification Test
Completion of this Training provides the learners with the knowledge and understanding of their responsibilities when cleaning kitchen exhaust systems.
Benefits of Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Certification
Certifications are objective and measurable ways of determining a general competency and knowledge in the latest industry standards and codes. Certification can benefit you in many ways, including:
- Increasing compensation Enhancing career mobility
- Elevating other industry professionals to a higher standard
- Increased recognition to employers, customers, and industry peers
Encourage and support your employees. It is advisable that at least one employees get certified, but more and more jurisdiction are requiring certification for every crew member on a job. Certification is an investment in your business that increases retention and helps empower your staff in many ways, including:
- Recruit and retain trained, qualified and certified employees
- Satisfy the requirements of the local authority having jurisdiction
- Carve a market differentiator based on certification
- Attract more customers
Certification and Training: The difference
Training is a hands-on approach to learning the basics of the exhaust cleaning industry. It gives students a real world experience and should put them on actual jobs to see how various systems are cleaned and inspected. By the end of the training program, students should have a working knowledge of how to clean and inspect a variety of systems using a variety of methods.
Certification is a knowledge-based recognition of an individual who shows a competency on the guidelines, codes and standards in the industry. By studying the materials and passing the test, a student shows that they have a working knowledge of the required codes and standards that apply to the entire industry.