This course provides hands-on instruction on how to set up QuickBooks for small businesses. Students will learn about the data they need to track in their business and will become familiar with the most common tasks required, as well as the more advanced functions of the software.
Students will learn how to create company files and deal with more advanced tasks for receivables, payables, inventory and payroll. Upon completion of Quickbooks course, students will be advanced QuickBooks users and will be fully prepared to write the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Examination.
Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Examination
Successful completion of the examination validates a student’s QuickBooks knowledge and makes them an Intuit QuickBooks Certified User (QBCU), which is the best way to communicate their QuickBooks skills and expertise with potential employers. The QuickBooks Certified User Examination includes 50 simulation-based questions and a candidate has up to 50 minutes to complete the exam.
Note: The Intuit QuickBooks Certified User Examination is not included in the cost of the course and is not mandatory.
QUICKBOOKS LEVEL 1
Introduction & Company set up
- · QuickBooks Modules, Installation & Using help
- · Setting up a company and customizing QB.
- · New company profile & Preferences.
- · Type of business, customization and entering balances.
- · List and multiple entry lists
Customer Transactions in QuickBooks
- · QB Customer Centre & creating customer profiles.
- · Working with invoices.
- · Working with opening balances.
- · Creating estimates, sales orders, invoices, benefits etc.
- · Payment and recording.
- · Recording all transactions.
- · Working with credit memos, refunds and banks.
Vendor Transactions in QuickBooks
- · QB vendor centre and creating vendor profiles.
- · Working with vendor opening balances.
- · Credit cards and credit memos.
- · Hand written cheques and QB printed cheques.
- · Outstanding bills and over payments.
- · Deleting vendor profiles
Working with Banks
- · QuickBooks Banking centre.
- · Transferring funds.
- · Recording transactions.
- · Credit cards & check register.
- · Bank reconciliation.
- · Other accounts.
Period End Maintenance
- · Profit & Loss.
- · Generating balance sheets.
- · Financial statements.
- · Period end Procedures.
- · Year end and Accrual reversals.
- · Data verification & back-up.
QUICKBOOKS – LEVEL 2
- · Working with price levels
- · World currency-exchange rate
- · Dealing with different currencies for vendors and customers.
- · Classes and class tracking feature.
- · Setting up multiple users for QB and setting permissions.
- · Switching the company file between multiple user and single user mode
- · Accountant’s copy from QB.
- · Petty cash
- · Progressive invoicing.
- · Time billing, Time slips and mileage reimbursing.
- · Time tracking and payment to employees.
- · Year-end closing procedures.
- · Budgeting.
- · Setting up Sale taxes.
- · Customer Tax, Vendor Tax, Tax codes.
- · Creating sale tax items groups and codes.
- · Setting up the sale tax authority.
- · Reporting sale taxes.
- · Preparing remittance and sale tax adjustments.
- · Filing sale tax returns using QB.
- · Introduction to QB Inventory.
- · Setting up and using the inventory assembly and group items.
- · Setting up units and using Inventory.
- · Looking at the relation between the units, purchase versus selling units.
- · Creating a purchase order, receiving the inventory items and back orders.
- · Creating a new purchase order and converting it to a receipt items bill.
- · Applying bill and converting purchase order to bill.
- · Building inventory sub-assemblies, finished goods assemblies and applying burden and additional services.
- · Creating payroll item, scheduling and assigning employees.
- · Creating new employee profiles & creating paycheques.
- · Payroll liabilities.
- · Government payroll forms, T4 slips and e-filing.
Reporting and Customizing forms
- · Report centre and different types of reports.
- · Customizing reports and memorized reports.
- · Graphs, charts, detail and summarized reports.